Top San Diego Drug Crime Lawyer & Attorney
Our first and foremost role is to put all of our experienced, aggressive resources behind your drug crime defense. When we meet with you at a free consultation we can analyze your case and provide you with a complete understanding of the charges you are or may be facing and what your legal options are. The legal team at San Diego Defense Lawyers has a head start in recognizing how to defend drug crimes because of our vast experience in representing San Diego County residents in all of the courtrooms in the county. We are a big enough firm to have all of the resources you will need to aggressively represent you while being small enough to keep you from feeling as though you are “just another case.” Among the duties we may be called upon to do on your behalf:
- Conduct additional investigation of the case, including evidence that not have been uncovered or considered by the authorities.
- Determine whether you may be eligible for drug diversion programs.
- Accompany and represent you should you be requested to undergo any questioning by police, investigators or prosecutors.
- Contact police or prosecutors with circumstances favorable to your case that might cause them to decide to not file charges.
- Make court filings that might affect the evidence in your case in favor of a dismissal.
- Conduct negotiations with prosecutors for plea-bargains in return for reduced charges and penalties.
- Represent you at all court hearings, including bail reviews, motion hearings, preliminary hearings, trials and sentencing hearings, in the event of a conviction.
There are many legal tools that San Diego Defense Lawyers can muster on your behalf in aggressively defending you against drug crime charges. There are, for instance, legal considerations known as mitigating factors that can come into play in attempting to prevent charges from being filed, reducing the severity of the charges or in trying to convince a judge to levy a less severe punishment. They include:
- Whether you have a prior record of a criminal offense.
- Whether your prior record involves a drug crime.
- Whether you were on probation or parole at the time of the drug crime.
- Your age.
- Your health.
- Your standing in the community be it through your employment or involvement in community affairs.
- Your involvement in voluntary activities be they through social, athletic or religious organizations.
- Whether you were in a position of trust in connection with the drug crime.
- The actual or potential harm to the community of your crime.
- Your completion of drug diversion, education or treatment programs.
- Your cooperation with authorities.
- The amount or type of drugs with which you were involved.
- Whether you gained a financial benefit from the drugs with which you were involved.
- Whether your drug crime involved personal use or larger involvement.
- Whether minors were involved with your drug use or sales.
- Whether there are victims in the case.
- Whether there was violence involved in the drug crime.
- Whether a weapon was involved in the drug crime.
- Whether other crimes were committed in connection with the drug crime.
If you or a loved one is facing a drug crime please contact us at San Diego Defense Lawyers as soon as possible for a free consultation in your case. Please understand that the sooner we are able to aggressively represent you the sooner we can utilize all of the legal options that you may have available to your best possible advantage.
Our Recent Case Results
Multiple sex offenses by nationally known sports coach
Dismissed at preliminary hearing.
Gross vehicular manslaughter, while intoxicated
Probation, with work furlough placement
Fugitive warrant, multiple out-of-state fraud charges
Dismissed after making restitution